Saturday, July 7, 2007

First Impressions

Lovin´ it.

The flight wasn´t bad. The first time I slept in days. I crashed on a bench in Santiago, Chile for 5 hours and barely caught my flight to Cordoba.

I live with three women, Marta, a mother and her two daughters, Gaudalupe, 29, a math teacher and Juana, 23, a painter. None of them speak a word of English, which is a thumbs up cause it´s forcing me to learn quickly. I feel like I understand about 40% of what is being said to me. I am already starting to think in Spanish and I´ve learned a ton in the past 24 hours.

The food here is awesome. They eat pasta everyday and everyone smokes, so I´d say I fit right in.

Cordoba is effing cold. It´s the middle of winter here and everything is dead. There are no leaves on the trees and the grass is brown. But I can tell it´ll be beautiful in the spring (September.)

I´m at orientation right now, just took a campus tour. Meeting lots of people, finding my wat around, yadda yadda yadda.

Gaudalupe´s boyfriend looks, dresses, and acts like Arash. It´s crazy.

I haven´t seen much of the town yet. I am trying to get everyone to go out together tonight. Check out the night life and such. I´ll post photos soon.

XO,
Christina

P.S. If you haven´t seen it yet, check out ¨Once.¨ Great little film. It´s in theaters now. I´ve been listening to a few songs from the soundtrack lately. Good stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know they had brown people in Argentina!

...I met the band for Once because my new roommate works for Allied Advertising and they were promoting it. Tidbit: The couple in the movie is actually dating. He's 38. She's 19.

I can't get enough of that soundtrack!

-Em