I will never forget today.
After I wrote that last post I went to my horseback riding class. I was doing really well until a gust of wind blew a thick dust cloud in our direction. While we were galloping the dust got into my horse´s eyes and he freaked out. The horse fumbled and I went head first into the ground and then slammed into a fencepost. I got really lucky. No broken bones. I have a few bruises and my back and neck are killing me right now, but it could have been a lot worse. There were two other riders right behind me. It´s kind of a miracle I wasn´t trampled. I was completely covered in dirt and I had to go to my other classes right after so I walked around looking super scuzzy all day.
...And yes, I did get back on the proverbial/literal horse.
Today was georgeous out. It was the first day since I got here that you could walk outside without a coat. I don´t feel as sick as I did this morning, I´ll be really happy if I can sleep though tonight.
Tango lessons started and my teacher is CRAZY! But awesome. But crazy. Tango is a blast, it´s probably the sexiest dance ever. I want to have the basics down so when I go to Buenos Aires I can go dancing.
Tid Bits:
Classes are alright, tons of work, I have a midterm tomorrow. YIKES!
I am falling in love with this city.
I told my sisters here that I fell off the horse and they gave me this big orange pill to take. Not sure why. Went down easy though.
Miss you all. I need to go study. Chau!
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hey girlie! sorry i missed talking to you. i hope you're feeling better. tango lessons sound awesome! miss you lots. stay warm and safe.
so...you fell off the horse. At least you're alive! lol. Hope you're not too badly injured. As a person who is greatly concerned with money, I would enjoy a commentary on socioeconomic status in Argentina! I looked at the picture of your house, it seems rather large, and looks nice from the outside. Is it simply customary to not use heat in Argentina, or can the fam not afford? You seem to be rather cold! What do the members of the family do for a living? Are they considered a middle class family or upper class, and what are other status levels like? These are the things that inquiring minds want to know! I am way interested in the global economy, and how people spend their cash! Speaking of cold; croup again?! ARG, I thought that was a one time thing!
Hey Gregg, good questions. Here´s the deal. That photo makes my house look a lot biger than it is. Only half of that is ours, the rest is our neighbors. There are only 4 rooms in my house. I´d defintely say my family is middle class. The mom is retired. The father passed away. My oldest sister is a math teacher, and my younger sister is an artist and a student, and works at a DVD rental shop. They don´t have a lot, the house is simple but clean and well maintained, and we have a car. It is customary to not have heat or AC in Argentina. You´re just supposed to dress appropriately for the weater. However this winter has been far colder than usual so it´s been rough.
Post a Comment