Thursday, July 19, 2007

Please Don´t Let This Be What I Think It Is

It always starts the same way, a slight tickle in my throat. Then comes the head cold, runny nose, sinus headache, and so on. Then my throat starts to hurt and I lose my voice. Then the death cough comes back and my airway starts closing up.

I´m really sick right now. I haven´t started coughing too much yet but all the signs are there there that I´m going to soon.

They say that croup is most common when the seasons change. When I got it in Ithaca we had a mild fall, a few warm weeks in a row, and then it seemed overnight the temperature dropped and winter set in. I just spent two summer months in Glenview. The week before I left it was near 80 everyday and then literally overnight when I arrrived in Argentina it was winter.

And it´s not like it´s just cold outside here. Mine is the coldest room in a very cold house. We only have one small space heater. And I´m not sure how to explain this phenomenon, but it´s colder inside my school than it is outside. I´m constantly shivering all day. Pretty much my immune system is at an all time low....(cough, cough.)

Despite me being sick I´ve been having a great time. I´ll update more later today.

Chau for now.

No comments: