It´s been so cold here, and my house isn´t exactly heated...and my school isn´t exactly heated either. Yesterday morning the pipes froze. We warmed up some bottled water on the stove to bathe with. I brought everything that I am going to need for the next five months in only a duffle bag and a backpack, so basically I dont have that much. In order to stay warm, I usually walk out of the house wearing litterally half of what I brought with me. Pretty much what I´m trying to say is, drinking as much Tequila as you can handle is a great way to stay warm.
My horseback riding class started today. For our final exam we have to cross a river and ride on these trails in the mountains. However, I only have one more class before the exam. Looks like I have no choice but to learn quickly.
A note to those who plan on stdying abroad:
For the love of God, do not depend on travelers checks for your main source of money. You´ll no doubt at one point find yourself stuck in a place that doesn´t accept them and the nearest bank that cashes them will be 40 minutes away. Like it would suck, for example, if you were trying to get your student visa, and it costs, let´s say, 240 pesos, and you weren´t able to pay for it. It would further suck if, becuase it took you so long to figure out how to pay for your student visa, you, oh I don´t know, missed the city tour that was a requirement. It would however be even more embarassing if you called the director of your school and told him (or her) that you were running late bacuse you were stuck at this office trying to get your visa together, and then he (or she) decided to meet you there with the entire tour bus......hypothetically speaking of course. Point being that, keep a couple travelers checks around for emergencies but use an ATM card for your dinero.
Tid Bits:
I was talking to my older sister here and she said that this week was the first time she had ever seen snow.
My family loves Pearl Jam.
Having homework again blows.
I memorized all the grafiti on my way to and from school. It´s the only way I know where I am. God forbid they clean up the city, I´d be compeletely lost.
I was just electrocuted by the computer. Twice. My hand is kind of numb.
Chau for now,
Christina
2 comments:
I miss you like a girl on a diet misses chocolate cake!
You look adorable on a horse. And you always have to make an entrance, it could have been worse, you could have been naked without any money for your visa.....
oh man, has that happened to me. =)
Post a Comment