Hello hello,
Another quick update.
San Pedro was alright. We took a star gazing tour in the middle of the driest desert in the world. Got some good photos. Next day we chilled in town, not much to do there. Saw a cute guy while walking down the street that caught my eye. Didn´t talk to him. Saw him again when grabbing a bite to eat with Ann, pointed him out to her, still did nothing.
That night we left for a Arica, Chile, a city about 12 hours away. So much crazy shit happened there that I can´t say the name Arica without laughing a little. We walk into the hostel that afternoon after buying some food to make lunch, and I see the same cute guy...yes, in a differnt city 12 hours away...he´s staying in the room across from mine. The girls and I hit the beach for the day, I get sunburned, and later I finally strike up conversation with him.
That night BBQ with the rest of the people staying in the hostel, and the owner, the craziest motherfucker I´ve ever met. His name is Roberto and his mantra for life is ´Fuck Off!´ So I talk to cute guy more. 22. Sweed. Traveling with a buddy for the hell of it. The whole group of us drinks a horn full of pisco, hits a bar, gets slammed. That´s when cute guy´s friend totally cockblocked him, worst cockblock I have witnessed in the history of cockblocks. He lectured me on the dangers of smoking for a good hour. Fuckre. So eventually we head back to the hostel, which I remember, I walk up the stairs, which I remember....and then I time traveled. The next thing I know it´s 2PM and I wake up with a wicked hangover. I don´t remember 10 minutes of that night, and aparently something really bad happened, because when I saw the guys the next morning it was awkward as all hell. I´m pretty sure I got in a fight with one of them, but I can´t tell if I remember that, or if I dremt it. Ann had a more interesting night. After the bar she ended up in a strip club with Stewart, a ruggedly sexy English man. Kristyn slept. The next morning the hostel staff informed me that one of the Sweeds was spotted butt naked in the hostel shortly after returning from the bar, and asks me if I know anything about it. I plead the fifth...we still haven´t figured out exactly what happened.
Next day back to the beach for a bit, then off to Arequipa, Peru. So we´re at the border crossing and guess who I bump into. Cute guy. Again. Then were two hours away from the border in the Tacna, Peru bus station waiting to make our connecting to Arequipa. Yup saw him there too. And he was on the same bus as us. In the seat right behind us actually. Kind of hilarious right?
Anyways....now I´m in Arequipa, which is my favorite city we´ve hit so far. My Uncle Craig studied here when he was my age, when he heard that I wanted to travel Peru, he booked a flight and we metup here yesterday. We walked the city, saw Santa Catalina, an INCREDIBLE monistary, and then met the family that hosted them while he was here. They treated me like their own. So much fun, and a great opportunity to speak Spanish. Traveling with Craig is great...he´s from my mom´s side...yeah you get it. He´s completely nuts, out of his mind, and so much fun.
Travel plans have been a little messed up, had to make some changes today. We want to do so much and we have so little time left here. But it´s all chill. Ok I´m off. Gotta call mom to check in so she doesn´t tweak. Miss you all, see you soon.
-Christina
Friday, November 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment