Note: After re-reading this post I realize that I use the phrase ``all of us`` a lot. I am so lucky that I came here and met the people that I did. None of us knew each other before we got here, litearlly 20 completely different kids from all over the states, and now we couldn`t be closer. We`ve said that if we went to the same college we plrobably never would have even been friends, and now we call ourselves a family. It would have been very easy for us to divide up into smaller cliques, choose our best friends and leave the others behind, but that never happened, we`re just this huge group of 20 best friends. So when I say ``all of us`` that`s who I mean. The family.
Last weekend was Mary Marshall`s 21st birthday so we took her out to dinner at our favorite place in Còrdoba, Estaciòn 27, and drank at 6 different bars before we decided we`d had enough. The next day a friend of our threw a rager and all of us went there. Good music, lotta booze, and some great stories.
Sunday of that weekend was...different. I actually lived what is now the greatest story that I have in my arsenal. This is too good to type out in here, I need to tell in person. A few posts back I mentioned that someone asked me out on a date. We`ll it involves him, a serious case of mistaken identity, and a few things I thought could only happen in movies.
Last week was chill, not much to do, classes died down, so we partied every night. Saturday we headed to Carlos Paz for our last weekend here. Carlos Paz is esentially the Lake Geneva of Còdoba for all you Chicago readers. I rented a cabin and we had a rowdy time. The owners were assholes, but I actually negoticated a rental contract in Spanish so I was pretty proud of myself. It was perfect, 13 of us, we make a huge dinner, hung out by the pool, and played flip cup, a lot of flip cup. So yeah...Sunday was hell. I was falling apart, really hung over, got a bloody nose, and for some reason I went temporarily blind. I`ll still don`t understand how it happened but if I stood in the sun my eyes would burn and I couldn`t open them, it`s better today but I still can`t see outside with out sunglasses.
The next 24 hours is going to be crazy...as usual. I have 3 final exams tomorrow and then I catch a bus to Santiago, Chile at 10PM. I still have to pack, study, say bye to my host family and friends who I`ll probably never see again, and as of 10 PM tomorrow night I am homeless.
Check the blog during the next few weeks, I`ll be updating every few days to let you know what city I`ll be in and what I`ve been up to. The plan is to move up through Chile into Peru and maybe hit LaPaz, Bolivia for a few days. Then I`ll spend my last week in South America in Pisco, Peru helping with the earthquake disaster relief.
Still having mixed feelings about leaving. Goodbyes are always bittersweet right? Honestly it really hasn`t hit me yet. This is going to be rough. I`ll be back in the States in less than a month. Wow. That`s weird to think about.
Miss you all! Have a great Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment