Wednesday, November 21, 2007

And We're Off

Hola todos,

Last night I said bye to friends and family, and Cordoba in general and caught the 10PM bus to Santiago. Let's start there. First Kristyn barely made it arrving just before 10 and then I had to beg the bus driver to wait for Ann who arrived around 15 after. So while Kristyn and I are talking to the driver he realizes that we are from the States and asks us for our visas to Chile. We explain to him that we do not have to register for Chilean visas ahead of time, they just stamp our passports at the boarder, and he thinks we're full of it, tells us to find our luggage and de-board. After some insisting...and flirting...he finally let us on but declares that when we are stuck at the boarder he is leaving without us and it wont be his fault. The whole mess turned out to be a stroke of luck because it bought Ann the time she needed to catch the bus with us.

So we head West. We hit the boarder around 9AM this morning and after crazy delays thanks to customs, they stamp our passports and we get across problem free. Told you so!...So we get in to Santiago around 6PM and headed to Ann's friend Diego's apartment, where we're crashing while we're here. We actually ate a home cooked meal, which we scarfed down cause we hadn't eaten all day. Now we're just chilling in the apartment watching the Chile versus Paraguay futbol match. Chile is down by one. Every one looks depressed. And last night Argentina lost to Columbia! Which makes me kind of glad I wasn't in Cordoba, but have been a sad evening...wait...I care about soccer....when did that happen?

Even 24 hours later it totally still hasn't hit me that I've left Argentina for good. I don't think it will 'till I'm back in Glenview.

Muchos besos!

1 comment:

Amy said...

christina,
i miss you so much--we're going to have so much to talk about! see you in about 3 weeks.
love!
amy