Wow. OK so here I am. The international airport in Lima, Peru, about to catch my flight home. I spent everyday of the past week working in the daycare center and making more great friends that I had to say goodbye to. I really had the time of my life working in Pisco. Every night we had a meeting to get updates from all the work crews. It was so inspiring to sit there and hear about a school being built, homes being constructed, rubble being cleared, and lives being put back together. I have never felt such a sense of comunity. One of the volunteers was kicked out of the organization unfairly two days ago and all of us banded together and fought the administration to get him back. It worked, and we completely revamped the vias of communication between volunteers and administrators. It was really cool to be a part of. I didnt want to leave.
Yesterday I said goodbye to a buddy of mine Kyle, and today I bumped into him in the middle of Lima, the largest city in Peru. Major coincidence again. I don´t know how these things keep happening to me.
Two nights ago I was sitting on the corner with a bunch of new freinds after our victory, wiped out from helping kids all day, chilling drinking beers and singing Dispatch songs. I had never been happier than I was in that moment. People begged me to stay and I came so close to doing it. Honestly I´m still considering turning around right now. I still haven´t gotten on the plane.
The only reason I still come home is my friends and my mom. You guys are the greatest. It´s bad enough how little I see you already, there´s no way I could leave you forever. But I want to stay so bad. I´m not ready to go home. I just keep going back and forth. Stay. Leave. Stay. Leave. Still haven´t decided. I guess we´ll see. If you see me this weekend, I got on the plane....and if you don´t...enjoy the holidays.
-Christina
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the GPS, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://gps-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment