Saturday, August 11, 2007

Do I sound like an asshole?

I recently reread a few of these posts and I realized that when I write I sound like a douche bag. When ever I post in this thing, I always write how I would tell the story to someone in person. But it doesn't always come off the same when you're reading it. I was actually rolling my eyes at myself when I looked over some of this.

Debating weather or not to continue with the blog.

It's kind of obnoxious to keep a blog in the first place. It's sort of like saying, "My life is soooo interesting that everyone should want to read about it." I actually debated weather or not to even start this thing because I felt like it would come off that way. But then I thought, 'Nah, if one of my good friends was studying abroad I would like to know what's up with them. For example, Amy is leaving for Spain soon. I'd like to know Amy's thoughts on Spain. I'd be interested in her blog if she were to make one.' And thus this blog was started.

I think it's interesting to read your friends' writing. It's a lot more personal. You can get into their head more. But maybe I don't want you in my head. Maybe I should stop publishing this and just keep a journal in a notebook.

On the other hand, I have better conversations with the people back home when they know what I've been up to. It's so much better than when people ask, "So hows Argentina?" What am I supposed to say? "Good." The discussions are more interesting when we talk about the specifics. But then again, there are a bazillion photos on Facebook that can also tell you what I've been up to.

Also, I've been writing in this for me too. It's like my journal to look back on. I know you don't care about the names of all the museums that I visited in Buenos Aires. But I wrote them out because it was part of the experience that I want to remember.

Not sure what to do yet.

Please excuse my shitty writing, and all my spelling errors.

Miss you all,
-Christina

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You worry too much, asshole.

Seriously, how else are we suppose to keep in touch with you when you're not even in the same country, let alone state.

Keep writing the blog and stop worrying about sounding like a douche bag.

We all know you're a douche bag, that's why we love you.

Amy said...

yes please keep writing--you're not forcing anyone to read it and you don't sound like a douchebag. i am going to have a spain blog, so we can be assholes together.

Anonymous said...

IM always an asshole so dont worry about it...I usually laugh when i read this blog and go yep thats what she would do

Gregg said...

so...I think you should continue writing!!! It keeps me going when I have nothing to do at the office, a place where facebook and myspace are blocked by compliance! I enjoy hearing about the exciting stuff that is going on! As Amy said, you are not forcing anyone to read. Keep writing, and when I get sick of you, I will stop reading! lol. If you stop, I will feel abandoned, and it will be all your fault. An abandoned blog is a sad blog!!! lol. :) Keep the shit coming, and start writing about the good things, like the sex, cause you know that is what everyone wants to know about! lol. jk. now you hate me! (oh wait...I'm over reacting like you did when considering ending your blog!)